· Guernsey-based fund administrator and advisory firm, Legis Group, has launched a tax service. The firm now offers tax compliance and advisory services to individual private clients and owner-managed businesses as well as to local trust and fund administration companies. The service will be led by Simon Graham as managing director and Francis Snoding and Paul O’Neill as directors.
· Maples Fund Services has expanded its US operations with the hire of Megan Corcoran as director of business development, Americas. Based in New York, Corcoran will work closely with Scott Somerville, the firm’s chief executive, and Toni Pinkerton, global head of fund services, to sell fund administration, middle-office and risk services in both North and South America.
· Jersey Corporate Services (JCS), a matchmakers for service providers, has launched a business development service called PROSPECT. Local service providers subscribe in return for new business leads and introductions. JCS currently has a database in excess of 10,600 international contacts. Membership of PROSPECT is by invitation only.
· Software provider PerTrac, has updated its toolkit, Investment Statistics: A Reference Guide, to include more detail on the math and techniques used in calculating portfolio returns. The additions to the guide were added to help investors (including funds of funds, family offices, pensions, sovereign wealth funds, endowments and other institutional investors) manage their portfolios of hedge funds and other actively managed investments.
· BDO, the accountancy and business advisory firm, announced the appointment of TMT specialist Gareth Davies as a director within the M&A team based in London and the Thames Valley.