· Amala Partners, a London-based placement agent, expanded its team with the appointment of Christina Keogh, a former senior associate at Altius Associates, and Thomas Sparrow, a former fund accountant at Actis.
· Accountancy firm Mazars boosted its London tax team with three new hires. David Prestwich joins from KPMG as head of the London tax team. The firm also appointed former HMRC tax investigator Tori Magill as director of tax investigations. Lastly, Tony Monger joins the firm’s London team from PwC’s tax investigation practice as a tax investigator.
· Advise Technologies, the regulatory and investor reporting software provider, released upgraded reporting and electronic filing software for the Alternative Investment Fund Managers Directive. The firm made changes to their reporting software and its XML schema to meet ESMA’s latest reporting guidance.
· Recruitment firm CTPartners named Thomas Moran as a vice chairman in its global financial services practice. Moran, who joined CT from rival recruitment firm Addison Group, will be based in the firm's Chicago office.
· Fund services firm Opus Fund Services is offering clients a product for compliance with the Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act . Opus’ offering will classify funds and their investors, validate client documentation, electronically register FFIs, calculate withholdings on behalf of funds and handle annual reporting to the IRS.
· Eze Castle Integration, a provider of IT and private cloud services to alternative investment firms, updated its disaster recovery service. The new version will increase recovery time and enables enhanced testing to ensure clients can resume operations after a disaster.
· Roth Capital Partners, an investment bank, launched an online investment platform called OpenRound.com. Aimed at growth stage companies, the platform is designed to make it easier for companies to access accredited investors.
· JustInvesting launched a new UK private equity exchange focusing on early-stage ventures. JustInvesting will provide an online platform for professional investors to access growth companies and early-stage ventures.
· Ike Suri, chief financial officer of recruitment firm Options Group International, left the firm to launch a merchant bank: Pelican Point Capital Partners.