· Luxembourg regulators granted Kinetic Partners a license to offer fund management services to third party funds and act as an outsourced management entity under the Alternative Investment Fund Managers Directive, the first advisory firm to be granted such a license, according to a firm statement.
· Software service provider SunGard released its new “Asset Arena Data Connect” product, which automatically records GPs’ incoming and outgoing data for recordkeeping purposes.
· Compliance consultants CCL appointed Alan Leale-Green as managing director of its UK operations. He was previously global head of compliance at Aberdeen Asset Management.
· Investec Specialist Bank appointed Tim Howson to its corporate lending business. He was previously a senior vice president at investment bank Jefferies & Co, Howson.
· The UAE Securities and Commodities Authority (ESCA) granted Apex Fund Services, a fund administrator, a license to operate in Abu Dhabi. Apex is the first fund administrator to be granted this license under new UAE regulations that require GPs to appoint an investment manager, an administrative services company, a custodian and an external auditor, according to a firm statement.
· In the meantime, Apex Fund Services also opened a Jersey office, expanding its presence in the Channel Islands.
· Tax, audit and assurance firm McGladrey named Mauro Bonugli a private equity director in its New York office. He was previously an operating advisor for private equity firm Warburg Pincus.
· Private Equity Headhunters, an executive search firm, added 120 recruiters to its network of retained and contingency headhunters. The total of the firm's executive recruiters now stands at 2,742
· Kinetic Partners also named Kent McParland a director within the corporate recovery practice of its New York office. He was previously based in the British Virgin Islands as a senior member of Grant Thornton’s liquidation team.
· BNP Paribas, a custodian bank, expanded its depositary business to the Swiss market.
· State Street opened an office in Shanghai to provide fund administration, accounting and related services to private equity, real estate and hedge fund clients with interest in China.
· In related news, the Financial Accounting Foundation announced the Financial Accounting Standards Board’s Accounting Standards are available for use on tablet devices. FASB Codification subscribers can access the new tablet view through iOS (iPad) and Android-based devices at https://asc.fasb.org. regulators granted Kinetic Partners a license to offer fund management services to third party funds and act as an outsourced management entity under the Alternative Investment Fund Managers Directive, the first advisory firm to be granted such a license, according to a firm statement.