• Veteran private equity deals lawyer Tim Wright is leaving King & Wood Mallesons SJ Berwin to join DLA Piper’s London office as partner. Wright was named a partner at UK magic circle firm Clifford Chance in 2001 and joined legacy firm SJ Berwin in 2004, which merged with King & Wood Mallesons last year. Wright, who has close ties with Duke Street Capital, specializes in a variety of private company transactions including sales, purchases, equity arrangements and joint ventures.
• Meanwhile former DLA Piper partner Simon Neilson-Clark joined McGuireWoods as a London partner specializing in restructurings and insolvencies.
• White & Case boosted its UK banking practice with the addition of Colin Harley, who helps private fund advisors secure debt financings. He was previously with Maclay Murray & Spens.
• Industry tax lawyer Sheri Dillon joined Vinson & Elkins as a Washington DC-based partner. Dillon joins from Bingham McCutchen, where she previously practiced with partners Gary Huffman and Joe Garcia, who joined V&E in January 2013.
• London law firm REN Legal added Laurence Applegate, previously with McDermott Will & Emery, to its corporate real estate and private equity practice. Also joining is Adam Longney from BLP, who advises on domestic and international financing and leasing transactions.
Know of any private fund lawyer career moves we might have missed? If so, email pfm editor Nicholas Donato at firstname.lastname@example.org