· SJ Berwin transactions lawyer Ed Harris left to join Hogan Lovells' London corporate practice. He had been a partner at the firm since 2007, advising private equity clients including Terra Firma, Pantheon Ventures, Investindustrial and EQT.
· Proskauer appointed Lynn Chan as a consultant to its Hong Kong private funds practice. She was previously a counsel in the investment funds practice at O’Melveny & Myers in Hong Kong and Singapore.
· As previously reported on PE Manager, Lowenstein Sandler named Edward Nadel as senior counsel to its investment management group. He previously served as general counsel and chief compliance officer at Star Mountain Capital.
· Linklatersprivate equity co-heads Richard Youle andIan Bagshaw have resigned from their positions to build a London-based private equity practice for New York law firm White & Case. The pair will reportedly start their new roles by end of year.
· Goodwin Procter named former Amazon senior corporate counsel Jared Jensen as a private equity partner in its San Francisco office.
· Former Clifford Chancefunds lawyer Michael Lampshireis now part of the in-house legal team at private equity advisory firm Campbell Lutyens. He will report to the firm’s general counsel Penny Walker, who joined from Barclays Capital in early 2011.
· Also leaving Clifford Chance is Laetitia Costa, a leveraged finance lawyer previously based in Paris. She joins the London office of Milbank Tweed Hadley & McCloy.
· Lastly, Clifford Chance transactions partner Tom Evans resigned to join the London office of US rival Latham & Watkins. He follows David Walker, who stepped down from his role as Clifford Chance’s global head of private equity to join Latham six months ago.
· Proskauer recruited M&A specialist Steven Peck from Weil Gotshal and Manges. He will be based in Boston.
· John Haas, an industry lawyer specializing in fund formation and regulation, joined Foley & Lardner’s New York office. He was previously an executive director at UBS AG on the global capital solutions team within the debt capital markets group.
· Morrison & Foerster recruited all of Hogan Lovells' Berlin-based partners to open its first German office. The team – comprised of nine partners and 20 associates and counsel – will focus on M&A, tax, corporate, litigation, employment, real estate, privacy, antitrust matters and data security.
· Law firm Brown Rudnick named former UK regulator Peter Bibby as a partner in its London office. Bibby was head of enforcement at the Financial Services Authority from 1998 to 2002. He was previously with Bingham McCutchen.
· Jones Day M&A partnerKevin O’Marais leaving to join Morgan Lewis & Bockius’s New York office.
· Joining Jones Day’s London private equity practice is M&A lawyer Michael Weir, who was previously with Berwin Leighton Paisner.
· Gina Betts, former private equity practice chair in the Dallas office of Locke Lord, joinedPatton Boggs. She is joined by M&A lawyerBrad Hogan, formerly an associate in the Dallas office of Baker & McKenzie.
· K&L Gatesadded Klaus Banke to its Frankfurt office as a partner in its M&A practice. He was previously with Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton.
· M&A lawyer Scott Parel joined the Dallas office of Sidley Austin. He rejoins two former private equity-focused colleagues from Weil Gotshal & Manges.
· Pinsent Masons M&A attorney Roger Fink resigned to join the London office of Michelmores.
· New York City-based law firm Herzfeld & Rubin opened an office in Myanmar. Herzfeld follows the lead of Duane Morris which also opened an office in Myanmar earlier this year.
· After forming an association with offshore law firm Carey Olsenin January, Hempel and Boyd has rebranded, taking the Carey Olsen name in the British Virgin Islands.
Correction: A previous report stated SJ Berwin funds attorney Josyane Gold had left the firm to take on a non-executive director role at London-listed firm Electra Private Equity. She in fact will continue to manage key client relationships for the firm.
Know of any private equity lawyer career moves we might have missed? If so, email PEM editor Nicholas Donato at email@example.com.